Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

pissing and moaning

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 92 00:50:56 -0500
Subject: pissing and moaning
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Michael Howard writes:

> Don't mean to moan or hassle, but why do there seem to be so precious few
>arcticles about our beloved kate these days?

Because you're apparently too busy to take precious time from your schedule
to start new threads on topics regarding KaTe that you'd like to see
discussed.

Don't just complain about the lack of things you're interested in--do something
about it.  Start a new annotation project.  Design a poll.  Ask people
what their favorite lyrical image is.  Their favorite non-instrument sound.
Anything.  Or just unsubscribe until KBVII is released when there will
be precious little talk about Tori Amos or Happy Rhodes or anybody else because
we'll all be bursting on a tsunami of adrenalin.

>Instead of comparing her music to others, or disecting every possible fault,
>can't we just appreciate her art for what it is?

If you're going to only appreciate her art for what it is without any sort
of critical analysis, why are you bothering to read this newsgroup?  I'm
asking this quite seriously.  Do we *know* exactly what her art is if we
don't discuss it?

Which brings us back to the opening point of this post which was that if you
want to see KaTe discussions, come up with a topic for us to discuss...

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                |  Time for you to / Be who you are."      |