Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rolling Stone guide gets a (small) clue!

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 92 09:28:16 -0800
Subject: Rolling Stone guide gets a (small) clue!
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

A new (third) edition of the Rolling Stone Record Guide has just
been published.  The editors are different this time.  The first two
editions of this book only listed _The Kick Inside_, and they gave it
an infamously bad review.  They said she sounded like a vacuum cleaner,
and gave it two stars (out of five).

The new edition lists all her albums until _The Sensual World_.  Although
they still don't like her first few albums very much, several of her
later ones got four stars.

By the way, this may be among my very last postings on this newsgroup
(or any other, for that matter) for a long time.  I will probably be
leaving my position here within the next few months, and I don't know
if I'll have net access where I'll end up.  It's been fun!

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov