Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Laugh

From: meth@aol.com
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 92 13:35:16 EST
Subject: The Laugh
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

Wow, now I'm feeling old... you're recycling arguments from my first days as
a Love-Hound, back when TSW first came out.  It's interesting to see how the
arguments haven't changed. And some of the answers haven't changed, either.

The laugh belongs neither to L&A or "The Fog".  It has no place in either,
and I believe it appears on that one single format as a mistake.  Different
CD players track it differently (z.B. my CD player at home tracks it as
ending L&A, while the ones at the radio station track it as starting off "The
Fog".  If it belonged to either one, it would be with one or the other.

I think Kate stuck it in there as an amusing bridge between the two songs,
and somehow when the CDs were made the instruction to put it in a track of
its own got lost.  That's it, end of story.

(Pardon me, I'm feeling rather Drukman-esque this afternoon. ;)

Of course, the real reason behind the ambiguity is that Kate decided to
really give us computer fools something to chew on... but I wasn't supposed
to tell you that.

Meredith Tarr
meth@aol.com