Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Theft and Kate

From: rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 92 08:05:17 PST
Subject: Theft and Kate
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Comments: Cloudbuster

        Regarding the notion that Kate used to steal as a child, I have
no info on whether or not that was true, (yet I somehow doubt it).
REgarding the idea that she would somehow condone stealing of her
music, or anything else, the only quote I can think of is the
following.  She doesn't come out and say "stealing is bad", and she doe
s say that "it isn't worth it."

        The quote is regarding "there goes a tennor"

Yeah.  What made you think about it?  I mean, have you run into these
east end types before?
        No, no.  I think it was much more the thing of watching a lot
of films, things like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, you know.
There are lots of films where robberies take place and yet they glorify
them, they always make the robbery something very heroic and fun, risky
and dangerous, but for me it's something incredibly scary, something
that has such a potential of going wrong that it's not worth the risk,
and I don't think it's something that should be glorified at all.  I
think it's something that should be made very real, so that people
realize it's not worth the effort - it's not something that's fun, it's
something that's just not worth the effort.  You'll end up in gaol for
thirty years!

---
rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)
NetRunner's Paradise BBS, San Diego CA