Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Rhodes remixing

From: relph@presto.ig.com (John M. Relph)
Date: 12 Nov 92 20:19:27 GMT
Subject: Re: Happy Rhodes remixing
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In the referenced article, vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes) writes:

>>From: jondr@sco.COM (Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic)
>
>>so like i said, get me a tape of the vocal track and the finished mix for
>>reference.
>
>Doing it for fun from the CD is one thing, but asking for the vocal track
>is another. In all seriousness, if Happy wants extended remixes of her
>songs, she'll do it herself. Don't mean to sound snippy, but Angelos,
>Jon Drukman (who I like even though he made Kate R**e) remixing Happy's
>music is *not*, IMHO, a wise idea. Count me in as an Ectophile who *would*
>like to hear PoJo remixed.....by Happy herself.

I think you missed the point of "Kate Rape".  Too bad you're legit,
Jon, you should do a "Happy Trance" tape!  Just sample some of her
sounds and build a new song.  This is great stuff!  This is brilliant!

But it would be nice if Happy gave her thumbs up to the project as
well.  Then DJ Jon could do it legitimately.  Although I'm willing to
bet most Ectophiles won't like it.

Yo!

	-- John