Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 92 12:42:38 EST
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: dlk5n@sonja.math.Virginia.EDU (Dan King)
Subject: First Kate Experience
Sender: usenet@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1992 17:42:32 GMT

Oddly enough I was not enchanted with Kate the first time I heard
her.  I remember it was in 1987 and my lover wanted me to hear
this unusual song based on Emily Bronte's book Wuthering Heights.
After about 15 seconds I asked him to please take the needle
off the record--I thought it was horrible!

Who would have known that just 2 years later I would rediscover
Kate and become a maniacal fan!  Now I love Wuthering Heights
but it was Hounds of Love that reintroduced me to the Goddess.
(Thanks Martiin!)

Dan King