Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KAte

From: scasterg@waltham.columbus.oh.us (Stuart Castergine)
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 92 15:16:20 -0500
Subject: Re: KAte
To: gaffa@cis.ohio-state.edu

> In article <9211020933.AA01719@bot35>, u9031227@athmail1.causeway.qub.ac.uk
>  writes...>...[stuff deleted]  Personally I think Prince's
> >music has as much in common with Kate's as a cup of hot vegatable
> >soup has with an armadillo...>
>
> BIG HELLO to you too Allen,
>    Actually armadillo will go quite nice with soup. When grilled, armadillo
> has a distinctly wild but chicken-like flavor. University of Florida has an
> annual "Armadillo Roast" to raise money for the Archaeology scholarship fund,
> lots of fun and always one armadillo roasted for intrepid grad students to
> taste as a rite of passage.  But to KaTe and Prince..why not? Prince is quite
> an interesting composer and has changed the interplay of *rhythm and blues*
> with pop and electronic music made sensual.  This new album would be very
> eclectic as well as electronic, and have ROOTS.   CAN'T WAIT!
>
> Luv, Judy

I dunno. My feelings about Prince's music have always been in the realm
of "Ugh!" Sure, he's "interesting." Interesting is a euphemism some
people use to describe things when they're searching for a more polite
term than "garbage."

And even if he is good, I hope there is not a strong Prince influence
on Kate's next album. Kate is special, and when I listen to her music, I
want to hear her creativity, not Prince's not Eric Clapton's, not Peter
Gabriel's. When I want to hear them, I buy their albums. I don't mind
their participation, as long as their talents are clearly subordinate to
Her creative urges.

Kate has ROOTS. And her roots are not Prince's roots. Tell Prince to
keep his roots to himself! :-)

---
scasterg@waltham.columbus.oh.us -- Stuart M. Castergine        ---
                I  still dream of Orgonon.                      |/
                                                                |\