Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Name this Kate tune

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 92 18:42:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Name this Kate tune
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Brent Aliverti writes:

>Greetings.  This is my first post, so I hope I don't muck things up too bad.

Looks fine to me!

>I can identify all the other tracks but one.  The song starts
>with the line, "Where is she when the little thing cries", and the chorus goes
>something like:
>
>	Ohh. Ohh.
>	Why did I ever go marry her?  I was a child.
>	I'm holding the baby..(something)
>	She saw me coming for miles.
>	She saw me OPEN WIDE (?)

I'm holding the baby, she's ran-tanning constantly
She saw me coming for miles
She saw me open wide...

This is an absolutely *brilliant* song called the "Ran Tan Waltz."  It was
a b-side, but I can't remember what single it was on.

Yes, it's an original KaTe song.

>or a cover, and what the name is.  Also, I have the Cathy Demos #2-5 on
>colored vinyl 7-inch...was wondering if these were ever compiled onto a
>single CD? (Not that I'd ever be able to find it if one exists).

Actually, there are a number of CDs with the Cathy Demos.  The two most
common, as far as I know, are the set "If You Could See Me Fly" and "Passing
Through Air" which has the demos spread over 2 CDs.  There are a few
other boots out there that compile everything on one CD.

Quality tends to be pretty mediocre.  On the pair I named above, the CDs
were mastered from the vinyl EPs so they're quite noisy.

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                |  Time for you to / Be who you are."      |