Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Laurie Anderson albums

From: peace@camelot.bradley.edu (Laura Wasko)
Date: 30 Oct 92 20:48:19 GMT
Subject: Re: Laurie Anderson albums
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@bradley.bradley.edu

In <01GQJAKTXQD090N3AL@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU> MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU writes:

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't her very first release an EP
>entitled "It's Not The Bullet That Kills You, It's The Hole"?

Really?  Do you know if this is still in print (well, not PRINT, but you
know what I mean, hopefully--still available?)  I have heard of this piece
before--I have the lyrics because they were printed in one of my books on
modern art.  It's a "reggae tune for Chris Burden"--Chris Burden being a
performance artist who specializes in self-mutilation (his piece that
inspired this song involved having someone shoot him in the arm).  I'm a
big fan of Laurie's and I would like to find this recording so any info
would be helpful (also, info on how or where to get US Live on cassette.  I
saw it once and didn't get it--more fool I--and have never seen it again.
I don't have a CD player and don't really plan to get one, so CD's aren't
an option).

Thanks--

Laura

    laura wasko  peace@camelot.bradley.edu  you know, i could write a book,
     and that book would be thick enough to stun an ox.  laurie anderson.