Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Albums

From: Kimberly Stauffer AMSTE-LGS 4900 <kstauff@APG-9.APG.ARMY.MIL>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 92 12:55:52 EST
Subject: Albums
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi to ALL Love-Hounds.  I am new to your list and very much
enthused about it.  I have been reading the first two digests
that have been sent my way and so my interests in my favorite
female artist have been revitalized.

I went home dug out all my Bush albums, videos etc... and  begun
to listen.  I am so wrapped up in her music.

I am sure that I have missed so much over the years of this
net.  Have all her albums been discussed?  Songs, and interpretations
of them been discussed?  The songs she composes and sings seem to
have so many hidden meanings behind them.

Wouldn't it be so incredible if she toured the U.S.?  I heard
various reasons why she does not?  Does any one know the real
reason?

I found an article on Kate that I had stashed away into my
copy of Lionheart.  So, of course I pulled it out and read
the article.  There are so many things about this brilliant
songwriter that continue to amaze me.  Like, Kate is only
34 years old.  Wow. She is so accomplished for only 34.
Did everyone know (probably) that Wuthering HHeights was
written when Kate was 15 years old.

If we analyze when each album came out, perhaps we could
all take a stab in the dark at when we think the
next album will be here.

The Kick Inside   Compiled in mid '77
Wythering Heightsuthering Heights Theatrical, musical and visual interpretation/single
                     January '78
Lionheart         December 80
Never Forever     1980 ?
The Dreaming      1982
Hounds of Love    was it 1985 or 86
The Sensual World 1989

(I hope these dates are right if not don't blame me, blame
PULSE magazine, December 1989 issue).

My guess is 1993 for the next long awaited album.

Any other guesses?

In the sincerest form of Kate flattery, Sincerely,
K. Stauffer
address: kstauff@apg-9.apg.army.mil

"But I was lonely, I was lost/ Without my little black box/ I pick
up the phone and go Execute....I turn to my computer like a friend/
I need deeper understanding."
KB