Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Get Out of My House

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 92 23:21:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Get Out of My House
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Jean asks:

>     Is there any significance to the seemingly 'donkeylike'
>     noises Kate makes at the end of 'Get Out Of My House'?
>     I can think of some possible meanings to it, but I'd
>     be interested in everyone's ideas.

"I change into the mule"

She can't bloody well sing in a *human* tongue, can she?  ;-)

I've already written one post about the song discussing the break down
of communication posited within the song.

I always imagine KaTe stamping her foot and blathering "I'm not gonna say
one more word to you!", at which point she magically gets turned into a
jackass, which, of course, starts braying for lack of anything more
constructive to do.

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                |  Time for you to / Be who you are."      |