Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: teasing and receiving

From: nessus@media.mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1992 02:12:36 GMT
Subject: Re: teasing and receiving
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edu (USENET News System)

In article <16693395@um.cc.umich.edu>
Mary.Elisabeth.Whittington@um.cc.umich.edu writes:

>   A friend of mine once suggested (don't worry -- not the same friend that
>   told me that Kate is a Druid priestess!)  that the song "Get Out of my
>   House" is about rape.  She said that in the line "I change into the mule",
>   the mule is important because a mule is sterile.  It makes sense to me --
>   what do other people think?

Well, I once interviewed Kate many years ago and I asked her the very question
of whether or not the mule was used as an symbol of neuterness or sterility.
She didn't really understand what I meant by a mule being neuter or sterile.
When I explained it to her, she basically (in a nice manner) said I was weird.
This, of course, has caused me no end of embarrasment over the years among my
Katophilogical colleages, but it is nice to see that someone else out there is
just was weird as I.

<nessus@mit.edu>