Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Richard Moynes <MOYNES_R%PCSDEV.dnet@eismv3.dofasco.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1992 11:36:29 EDT
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Greetings:

  Having just returned from vacation, I stopped in at the record store to see
if there was anything new and found the Sarah McLachlan Live CD that was
rumored here previously.  On the back it says that it was recorded live Sept.
1992 at Harbourfront in Toronto, but I hope they mean the show I saw on Aug. 20
since I didn't heard about any shows in Sept.  It clocks in at just under 40
minutes and the tracks on it are:

(Nettwerk W2-6313) Sarah McLachlan Live
Drawn To The Rhythm
Back Door Man
Lost
I Will Not Forget You
Black
Ben's Song

  It's not as good as being there in the front row was, but it's the next best
thing.  The booklet for this "Limited Edition" is a CD-sized version of the
tour book for those who didn't pick one up at the show.  I've only played it
once, but it looks like I have a candidate for "Most Listened-to CD" to replace
Solace, at least until Spring '93 (or '94 or whenever...).
  The price was reasonable at C$15.98 + tax (15%), but it's $1.00 more than
they are selling Solace for these days :(.
  Does anyone have any updates about Sarah's rumored upcoming appearance on
CBC-radio?  I think it is supposed to be in Nov sometime but I haven't heard
anything more about it.

Looking forward to Tori Oct. 28 at the Phoenix in Toronto,

Richard Moynes
moynes_r@qis.dofasco.ca

P.S. Count me as one who doesn't mind the odd tidbit about Tori or other
non-Kate artists clogging up the arteries of this newsgroup/mailing list.  I
don't consider myself devoted enough to sign up for really-deep-thoughts so I
might never have known Tori would be playing Toronto if someone hadn't posted
her tour dates and I would have been disappointed to read a concert review
after the fact (like any of the local papers are actually going to have one).
And if I can overlook comparisons between Sarah McLachlan and Sinead O'Connor
then......