Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My final contribution to the Tori flame war

From: Ben Siemerink <siemerin@cs.utwente.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 92 10:51:27 MET
Subject: My final contribution to the Tori flame war
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu>

Hi Folks!

Okay, my tone-setting was not very diplomatical, but I thought this was
the only way people would notice my request.  How unfortunate, I started
a flame war. Sorry for that.

But I still cannot understand how the people who prefer Tori Amos talk in
this newsgroup can think that they're right.  Isn't it rightness that has
to protect the individual instead of democracy protecting the majority?

However, Jon Drukman is right: I try to read this information via the
Love-Hounds mailing list and not via news or notes. So, can I get a little
more of deeper understanding here?

Furthermore, I DO like to hear what other KT fans think of other artists, such
as Tori Amos, Peter Gabriel, Utah Saints covers (yeah, I know it now, Vickie,
thanks), the Cure, Talk Talk etc, but this does not include concert dates
and concert ticket availabilities and especially not in the US (though I know
this newsgroup is mainly read by US citizens).

Hope this will settle down the discussion.  At least it will be my last
contribution to it.

	Shake my head
	Turn my face to the floor
	Death to respect
	To respect to be born
	Lest we forget who lay

	(Talk Talk -- "After The Flood" from their album "Laughing Stock")

Ben.

PS: Andrew David Simchik and Mike Weaver said that they found me
    'intolerant'.  How tolerant can we get?  Should we tolerate
    everything to be tolerant or may every individual sets it's own
    limits?
    Talking about shooting people appears to me to be typically American.
Ben Siemerink                           University of Twente, The Netherlands
siemerin@cs.utwente.nl                         Department of Computer Science