Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Gabriel

From: Mike Weaver <72210.2035@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 16 Oct 92 10:28:07 EDT
Subject: Gabriel
To: LOVE HOUNDS <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

(Larry Spence wrote:)
-> Yo, Vickie, are you serious?  What about _Passion_?  Does it not count
because it's a soundtrack and has no lyrics?  IMHO _Passion_ is one of,
if not the, best things PG has done.

Two votes here for Passion at the head of the list.  Thought I heard a while
back that the 'new Gabriel' was going to be a double - one pop and one ala
Passion.  So I was kinda disappointed when it didn't work out that way.

Birdy's not so shabby either, come to think of it.  If you like this, too,
you should check out Mark Isham's soundtrack to 'The Beast'.  Guaranteed to
be the closest to a Gabriel instrumental work ever recorded.

Wish he'd decided to take a good long vacation before commiting Kiss That
Frog to tape, though - or at least put it somewhere other than right after
Fourteen Black Paintings.