Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Automatic and More

From: Mike Weaver <72210.2035@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 14 Oct 92 17:51:23 EDT
Subject: Automatic and More
To: LOVE HOUNDS <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

Hello Christine-this is Angel again. It's hard to stop listening to it isn't
it?  I listened to Star Me Kitten on the headphones. Yep-he sure says f**k
me kitten.  By the way, it doesn't bother me at all about using those
special words our parents wouldn't let us say but they could.  I just put
*** in place of the letters because there's probably someone out there that
does get offended.  Plus I'm really tense because I'm new at this.  I will
probably get more relaxed the more I get to know everyone on the net.

Star Me Kitten is addictive isn't it?  Right now I'm also really into
Everybody Hurts which kind of fits my mood lately.

What other music do I like? Well I could take all day with that one so I'm
going to list a bunch of names not in any order of preference and you can
comment on anything, whether you know, don't know, like, don't like, or
whatever. I would love to do the same with a list from you!

Here goes:  Kate Bush, Peter Gabriel, David Sylvian, Tori Amos, Happy
Rhodes, Laurie Anderson, Tom Waits, Karin Krog, Zoviet*France, Ryuichi
Sakamoto, Eberhard Weber, Jan Gabarek, Mark Isham, Brian Eno, Nusrat Fateh
Ali Khan, Michael Brook, Meredith Monk, Toyah, Robert Fripp, Jane Siberry,
AM4, Aster Aweke, The Telling, Sinead O'Conner, Steve Jansen, Richard
Barbieri, Mick Karn, Japan, Dalis Car, Bauhaus, Steve Tibbets, Mark
Anderson, Clannad, Bothy Band, David Bowie, Lisa Dalbello, Bel Canto, John
Surman, Roxy Music, Dead Can Dance, Rickie Lee Jones, Nina Hagen, Miles
Davis, Jon Hassell, Kate and Anna McGarrigle, Stephan Micus, Yaz, Agnes Buen
Garnas, Single Gun Theory, Consolidated, Mr. Bungle, Public Enemy, Leonard
Cohen, Marta Sebestyen, Le Mystere des Voix Bulgares, Vox, Therese
Schroder-Sheker, Stephan Micus, Ruth Barrett and Cynthia Smith, Michelle
Shocked, Talking Heads, Sandy Denny, Sally Oldfield, Bill Nelson, Hugo
Largo, Dee-Lite, Arcadia, Enya, Duran, Loreena McKennit, Angelo Badalamenti,
Julee Cruise, Frank Zappa (Mothers-era), Captain Beefheart, Billie Holiday,
etc..