Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori talk?

From: jeffy@syrinx.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 92 23:02:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Tori talk?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Scott Lillis asks:

>I'm just curious why I see several postings about Tori Amos in the love
>hounds digest.

Because rec.music.gaffa and the mailing list it's gatewayed to are not
dedicated solely to the existence of KaTe, and if it/they were, I suspect
life would be a *lot* different for many of us.

r.m.g encompasses a genre--possibly best described as 'alternative female'
and Kate Bush is the focal point.  Occasionaly male artists/bands will
crop up, but these tend to be KaTe-esque, such as Peter Gabriel.

It was here in r.m.g that most of us in America first heard of Tori Amos,
thanks to British love-hounds, almost a year ago.  Even that early she
was being described as similar to KaTe; someone posted a snipped of
interview that referred to Tori as "Kate Bush with a knife."

Outside of really-deep-thoughts, rec.music.gaffa is probably the best place
on the net to discuss Tori Amos, or, particularly to post news about her
for people like me who have no interest in the mailing list but still want
to find stuff out.  The second best place would probably be Ecto.

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                |  Time for you to / Be who you are."      |