Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Toni Childs, Tori Amos, Sarah McLachlan, Sinead O'Connor, PG

From: buckmr@rpi.edu (Ron Buckmire)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1992 20:52:37 GMT
Subject: Toni Childs, Tori Amos, Sarah McLachlan, Sinead O'Connor, PG
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

My local record store had a major CD sale and i recently purchased:

TONI CHILDS  --  House Of Hope
TORI AMOS  --  <forget title>
SARAH MCLACHLAN  --  Touch
SINEAD O'CONNOR  -- Am I Not Your Girl?
PETER GABRIEL  -- Us

My favourite of these is probably Tori Amos. I had bought Sarah's SOLACE early
this year and I love that album [already overplayed it] so i was very pleased
to discover that TOUCH is almost as good [and actually maybe more consistent].

I was disappointed with TONI CHILDS' album; I have her debut album and like it
a lot --- this one the songwriting is not nearly as strong. Sinead's album is
fun [it's nice to hear her voice again] but the songs are so different from
what I like to listen to this won't be an album i listen to very often.

Peter Gabriel's US starts off with 4 or 5 brilliant tracks in a row, but the
last couple of songs do not seem to grab my attention as much.

Anyone know other artists that are similar to the ones I have mentioned, that
I should check out?

--
uunet!rpi.edu!buckmr||buckmr@rpitsmts.bitnet||buckmr@rpi.edu||+1 518 276 8910
Barbara Bush: a chronologically gifted, differently interesting, domestic