Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

another day

From: MJM <MJM@ZYLAB.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 08 Oct 92 17:26:46 EDT
Subject: another day
To: <Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

HPM-emiritus:
   Roy Harper wrote the song and originally performed it.  It is on one
   of his albums (*Fast, Baroque, and Ugly*? I don't recall right now the
   exact title.)  Several people have covered it, including Kate Bush and
   Peter Gabriel, who performed a duet version of it on Kate's Xmas
   special in 1979.  The 4AD supergroup This Mortal Coil also covered it
   on the album *It'll End in Tears*, Liz Frazer doing the vocals.

My impression was always that the album was Unknown Soldier.
I have not gone particularly out of my way, but over the last
3 years I have looked in an *awful* big number of stores and
have yet to see a copy of this CD.  Is it on CD?
-mjm