Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Compilation of KT's lyrics

From: siemerin@cs.utwente.nl (Ben Siemerink)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1992 22:34:40 GMT
Subject: Compilation of KT's lyrics
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@cs.utwente.nl

Hi Folks!

Andrew D. Simchik wrote:

> 	And considering all the confusion over lyrics, and considering how
> wonderful those lyrics are, why has Kate never published a collection of
> lyrics and overdubs?  Seems to me this would be an indispensable item.

There are two releases I know of that have the collected KT lyrics in them.
The first is an official release of EMI (UK) called "Kate Bush Complete".
Besides all lyrics upto Experiment IV, It also contains piano drafts (written
music, but only piano & vocals). I just bought it in the shop in the Netherlands
(it had to be imported first, this took three weeks). I can dig up the order
data if you're interested.
	The second release has never been printed, but much easier to get;
"The Garden" by Andrew Marvick.  He used to be very active on this newsgroup.
A few years ago (if I'm right) he wrote version 1 of The Garden. It contains
lyrics of all officially and non-officially releases KT songs, including
different versions of one song. This is only a part of Volume II of the Garden.
Just imagine. You can FTP it from the following site:

	ftp.UU.NET
	/usenet/rec.music.gaffa/kb/garden

Hope this is useful information. Besides, most of it is in the very useful
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) which is posted every month.

Ben.
Ben Siemerink                           University of Twente, The Netherlands
siemerin@cs.utwente.nl                         Department of Computer Science