Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Under the Ivy BUTCHERED

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1992 13:13:27 GMT
Subject: Re: Under the Ivy BUTCHERED
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@sti.com

In article <9210012303.AA05960@lambda.uleth.ca> finley@lambda.uleth.ca (Kent Finley) writes:
>Hi, y'all.
>
>Anyway, the show comes on, they announce themselves and the fact that
>they're new at this, so it'll probably be a little rusty.  Sure enough,
>the first song they announce is "Under the Ivy".  The only problem is
>IT'S PLAYING AT 33RPM INSTEAD OF 45!!!  After an agonizing half-minute
>or so, while I'm trying to find the phone number for the station--I
>didn't know if they thought that's what she was SUPPOSED to sound like--
>suddenly the song's at normal speed, and I hear "Sorry about that, Kent"
>voiced over!

Rumor has it that the vocals for Wuthering Heights on That 'Ol Story are
just the vocals from The Kick Inside-era 45 being played at 33.

- Stev0 the product of eons of evolution

"Kate Bush will NOT release an album in 1993"
- Prediction from Weekly World News
--
Stev0@sti.com
This is a kibo .signature virus.  Kibo's .sig file has now