Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Collectibles and Talk

From: fmcquarr@sfu.ca
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 92 13:02:38 PDT
Subject: Collectibles and Talk
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

The new list of collectibles is very interesting. Maybe I can shed some
light (or maybe not) on the different Canadian covers for The Kick
Inside. When I purchased the cassette lo these many years ago when
TKI first came out, the cassette (in Canada) had the cover picture of
The Blessed Kate with her hair slicked back and her hands around her
face. However, the album cover was the "Oriental kite" picture.
 When I was record shopping this week, I noticed that the CD now
has the cover picture of Ms. Bush in jeans, plaid shirt, and woolly
red socks, (I presume this is the "box" picture, but it has been cropped
so that the box is not visible). This is also the picture that is used
in the CD in the This Woman's Work box set. The cassette now also has
this artwork. I can't speak for the vinyl as the store I was in no
longer carries it (sigh), and I wonder if it is still even available.
 So does this help? Probably not :)
 Re the discussion on French/German words: listening to THe WHole
Story on the eternal/infernal bus ride to school this morning, I
heard "The Dreaming". Has Ms. Bush ever said what the muttering at
the very end of the track is or what it means? I assume it is some
aboriginal language, or perhaps some backward masking?

Fiona (with a new INTERNET account but no fancy sig!)