Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Y KANT TORI READ promo/Sat in your lap video

From: UK04160@ukpr.uky.edu
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 92 09:31:44 EST
Subject: Y KANT TORI READ promo/Sat in your lap video
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@uunet.UU.NET

(This stuff is probably old hat to most of you, but I thought I'd post
it anyway)

        Although (as far as I know) the (in)famous Tori Amos debut
Y KANT TORI READ wasn't issued on CD, there does exist a promo CD
that features a few cuts from the album on it (unfortunately, I can't
remember which ones). The other cut on the CD is Phil Collins' "Groovy
Kind of Love". I noticed this CD hanging on the wall at Louisville's
EAR X-STACY record store. They also had a copy of Y KANT TORI READ
hanging on the wall (hard to believe that that is actually Tori
on the cover, isn't it??), but neither the CD nor the album were for
sale.
        "Serious Collector's Question": Although the original single
issue of "Sat In Your Lap" features a rougher mix of the song,
why does the accompaning video (which I assume was done at about the
same time) feature the more polished album mix ?? Anybody?