Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: 'Hello, Earth' lyrics

From: Sven Doerr <sd@ira.uka.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1992 12:25:49 +0200
Subject: Re: 'Hello, Earth' lyrics
To: rec-music-gaffa@smurf.sub.org
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: newsadm@ira.uka.de

In article <1992Sep9.110644@karma.astro.Virginia.EDU>, mailrus!gatech!karma.astro.virginia.EDU!pcp2g@uunet.uu.net (Gilligan) writes:

|> In HOL, in the song "Hello Earth", I believe, KaTe is whispering in
|> German, "Tiefel, Tiefel..." I know Tiefel is 'devil', but I cannot quite
|> catch the rest of what she is saying. Anyone know?

The German words are:

 Tiefer, tiefer, irgendwo in der Tiefe giebt es ein Licht
 - Ihr koennt es nie finden.

This means:

 deeper, deeper, somewhere in the depth there is a light
 - you (pl.) will never find it.

(and 'devil' would be 'Teufel'; 'Tiefel' is not a german word)

BTW, I would be glad if someone had lyrics for
theese mystical background vocals in the same song.

Sven Doerr, Karsruhe, Germany.