Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Am I committing a gaffa gaff?

From: nrc@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: 21 Sep 1992 11:18:43 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Am I committing a gaffa gaff?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I tried to email this but it bounced...

In Love-Hounds ANDERSON@devvax.stsci.edu wrote...

> Are messages concerning the buying and selling Kate items taboo
> on r.m.g?  Am I committing a faux pas, and my messages are being
> censored by a moderator?

Nothing ever gets censored by the moderator.  The newsgroup is only
moderated to allow it to be automatically gated to a mailing list.
This is a crude way of handling it, but it's the one we've suffered
with for five years so we've sort of learned to live with it.

Your post did appear in the mailing list but not in the newsgroup.
My guess is that's because your post contains the header:

When this gets fed to the news program that does the posting it will
most likely cause your post to be limited to only the local system
there, ie it won't be propogated out to the rest of the world.  It's
best to leave the "Distribution" header out completely but if you must
have it, it should be set to "world" rather than "local."

> If I should be posting these to rec.music.marketplace and NOT HERE
> will someone please be so kind as to tell me.  I just wanted to
> give the steadfast Kate fans of gaffa first crack at them.

No, people here generally do no object to advertising Kate goodies as
long as it's kept within reason.  Give it another try.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.Columbus.OH.US