Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1992 10:18:38 +1000
To: rec-music-gaffa@munnari.OZ.AU

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: boek@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Christopher Boek)
Subject: Re: Gabriel video
Sender: news@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1992 00:07:33 GMT

lionhart@netlink.cts.COM (Jackie Zucconi) writes:

>I admit that I only caught the last half of the video for "Digging in the
>Dirt" (believe that's the correct title) and it struck me as being an
>awful lot like Big Time and Sledgehammer. Has anyone else viewed it with
>the same reaction? Are the three videos done by a similar production
>company?
>                     Kateness,
>                           Lionheart

Hello, I'm kind of a novice at this posting business, although I've been
reading gaffa for years now, but Hi all, it's nice to be posting here *:).

WRT the gabriel video, I agree that it is like Big Time and Sledgehammer
a little, but the mood of it is vastly different I feel. To put it simply
Big Time and Sledge are kind of 'up' and DitD is a bit more 'down'. I have
to say that I _love_ the video and the song, and I believe the only way to
'experience' the song is to watch the video through a good stereo. When I
listen to the song off the CD, the video pops into my head all the time.
It's great stuff!

By the way, does anybody have any information on the 'Revisited' album. All
I've heard is that it's going to be a kind of compilation of pg1 and pg2,
which seems very silly to me.

Byee

Chris.

--
|Christopher Boek                               boek@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU|
|  Dept ElecEng, University of Melbourne,  Parkville Vic 3052 Australia |