Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sarah & "Steaming"

From: woj <REWOICC%ERENJ.BITNET@pucc.Princeton.EDU>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 92 13:16:57 EDT
Subject: Re: Sarah & "Steaming"
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Kirsten Starcher <kirsten@morgan.ucs.mun.ca> sez:
>Yet I've now heard 2 or 3 people mention the samples in "Steaming".  Tell me,
>did she lie?  Or has anyone been to a concert where the samples popped up some
>other time?

from what i've heard (two different shows), the samples are all in
"steaming". however, they vary from show to show at least somewhat.
the charles playhouse show had madonna and boston and some other bits,
while the club bene show had david letterman and le freak. i recall
noticing other samples in other songs as well such as the telephone
ringing in "black" - is that on the studio album? i can't remember).

>Hmmm... Maybe she only *started* doing the samples that night, because she did
>look genuinely surprised to hear them.

i suspect that she was surprised by what the samples he used were rather
than that there were samples. she came this close to losing it at club
bene when letterman's blooper "here's sarah mclanahan, mclachlan" blared
through the pa...

>(And did the stage crew play Bocce Ball on stage during "Vox", too?)

nah. there wasn't enough room. ;)

woj