Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah & "Steaming"

From: Kirsten Starcher <kirsten@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 92 21:35:26 -0230
Subject: Sarah & "Steaming"
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

When she played in St. John's, back in March, Sarah played a wonderful version
of "Steaming", complete with samples (between "I was with you on that pallet,
steaming" and "spinning round in circles dreaming").

She told us, after the song, that the keyboardist ("Reverend Dancemeister David
Kershaw", methinks) throws the samples in at some point during each concert,
and she never knows quite when he's going to do it.

Yet I've now heard 2 or 3 people mention the samples in "Steaming".  Tell me,
did she lie?  Or has anyone been to a concert where the samples popped up some
other time?

Hmmm... Maybe she only *started* doing the samples that night, because she did
look genuinely surprised to hear them.  Anyone hear the samples in a concert
before March 16 (I think)?

(And did the stage crew play Bocce Ball on stage during "Vox", too?)

Kirsten Starcher		"All I want is that second of time
kirsten@morgan.ucs.mun.ca        and a few square inches inside of your mind."
							- Joyful Noise
This post brought to you by the letters f, y, v, and the number i.