Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tape of Sarah McLachlan on WFNX

From: GKNIGHT%PSTCC.dnet@net.Vanderbilt.Edu
Date: 29 Aug 1992 22:21:01 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Tape of Sarah McLachlan on WFNX
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

In the Sat, 29 Aug love-hounds digest Kevin asked:

>She did "Mercy" live!?!?!!?!?   Do tell how she managed the four part
>vocal harmonies.  I was hoping to see her do this when I saw her in San
>Francisco on Rodney King Day, but she didn't. :(

Having seen Sarah in Nashville in July, I can report that she rearranged the
harmonies between herself, her backup singer/keyboard player, and the drummer.

In the same digest, woj said:

>the set list was fairly similar to the ones that others have posted (such as
>the charles playhouse show which was simulcast on wfnx earlier this year)...
>i must also add that listening to a dub of that charles playhouse show
>is *no* substitute for seeing her live.

We are INTERESTED in a copy of the Charles Playhouse show broadcast by WFNX.
Does anyone out there have a good 1st generation tape to dub to cassette?
Has King Biscuit recorded her live to anyone's knowledge?  There is no radio
station in the Nashville area which carries King Biscuit at this time so we
aren't sure who they've recorded recently.

Sarah and band were very excellent in Nashville.  They played the 328
Performance Hall which is quickly becoming THE place to hear live music in
Nashville.  She opened the set with "Drawn to the Rhythm", followed by "Back
Door Man", but it was "Home" that stirred the crowd and set the tone for the
evening.  Sarah is the best performing vocalist I've heard since Annie Haslam
in Rennaissance.  If anyone has any info on the Toronto live ep or
tapes of that concert let us hear from you!!!

                           "Into the fire I yearn for comfort"

Geoff & Graham
GKnight%PSTCC.dnet@net.vanderbilt.edu