Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

GIFs (mea culpa)

From: bvmi@odin.cc.pdx.edu (Michael Bowman)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 92 10:00:47 -0700
Subject: GIFs (mea culpa)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I was the person who uploaded the GIFs and the ZIPped version of Cloudbusting.
I have a feeling that the problems people have been having with the GIFs is due
to a problem (unknown at that time) with the connection I was using.  Has anyone
experienced any problems with the ZIPped files?  I uploaded them at the same
time.

I am willing to upload the files again and FTP them to uunet (I'm now on a much
better connection than earlier this year), if Bill will let me know what
directory to load to, etc.

Regarding the WordPerfect version:  I've just switched to WordPerfect so I
wanted to get the WordPerfect version of Cloudbusting.  I FTPed to uunet and
did find a WordPerfect version (in the word subdirectory) but it was Unix
compressed AND Binhexed.  I was able to uncompress it with no problem, but I
don't know how to unbinhex something.  In the meantime, I sent some disks with
Tori GIFs to Tom Richards and had him send me the WordPerfect Cloudbusting back.

Michael Bowman
bvmi@odin.cc.pdx.edu