Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ???? Songs never discussed on Love-Hounds ????

From: scasterg@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Stuart M Castergine)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1992 16:55:31 GMT
Subject: Re: ???? Songs never discussed on Love-Hounds ????
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu

In article <RLkuPB1w165w@netrun.cts.com> rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill) writes:
>(which is basicly the "best" of the Love-Hounds) and if anyone has any
>thoughts on these, please post em'.

How can I resist? Lots of early songs, I see.

>STRANGE PHENOMENA
First song showing Kate's "mystical" bent. Not one of the more
memorable songs on the album, musically, though. I've always wondered
what does "Om mani padme" mean?

>KITE
Incredible song. One of my favorites. Surrealistic (there's
a hole in the sky with a big eyeball, watching me." Really fills you
with this feeling of being carried along in the sky lie a kite. One
interviewer brought up the mention of Beelzebub as an occult element,
but I think it was just there to convery the image of discontent.

>FEEL IT
Is this the most erotic song ever written? If there's anything that
tops it, tell.

>0 L'AMOUR LOOKS SOMETHING LIKE YOU
 Second most erotic song ever written. :-) Perhaps the most beautiful
"one night stand" song I've ever heard. Her voice is inhuman, angelic
on this one. And the images are stirring "I'm dressed in lace sailing
down a black reverie, my heart is thrown to the pebbles and the
boatmen. All the time, I find I'm living in that evening with the
feeling of sticky love inside."

>0 THEM HEAVY PEOPLE
Really unusual song, topically. I've never heard another like it. Sort
of an ode to enlightenment.

--
scasterg@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu -- Stuart M. Castergine
Fiver: "Oh, Hazel, look! The field! It's covered with blood!"