Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Things

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: 19-AUG-1992 18:49:25.44
Subject: Things
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

As for the elusive KT symbol on TSW, I have a poster of that cover that takes
up one square yard of wall space, and I've stared at it many a night and
can't find it.  Maybe they decided not to airbrush it onto the posters. :)

Which makes me wonder which album cover that's supposed to be...

As for Sarah McLachlan sounding like Sinead, yeah, sometimes.  But whoever
it was whose mother said she must have been scared by Joni Mitchell as a
child was closer on. :)  I don't see what people's beef with Sinead is outside
of the fact that her first album was brilliant and the second was a monumental
waste of time for everyone involved (IMO), but that's a matter for another
list.

Famous Fans: Sinead did indeed call Kate a goddess- she sang the duet part
of "Don't Give Up" with Peter Gabriel at a concert (Amnesty International
in Brazil?  I can't remember), and when asked how she felt about that she
said something to the effect of "It was great, but I was uncomfortable singing
the part of Kate Bush because I'm only me and she's a goddess."

There are other "famous" fans, but they're not in the music or film fields-
there are many Science Fiction and Fantasy writers who count themselves among
the Kate Bush Faithful, including Lawrence Watt-Evans, Alis Rasmussen, Martha
Soukup, and others.  (For what it's worth, Tori Amos has a LOT of fans in
that area, too.)

And lest we forget someone who is about to be damned famous, Happy Rhodes
is a big fan, as well.
|			Meredith A. Tarr                        |
|	"I spent four years prostrate to the higher mind        |
|	 Got my paper, and I was free"    - Indigo Girls        |
|		    mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu                    |