Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush Symbols SPOILERS

From: rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 92 22:43:46 PDT
Subject: Kate Bush Symbols SPOILERS
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Comments: Console Cowboy

        SPOILERS

Jeff says:

>In article <iw6iPB2w165w@netrun.cts.com> rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald
hill) writes:

>Ron Hill _shouldn't_ have written anything without a warning of spoilers

>and probably a ^L to boot.

        Well, I don't know how someone could miss the fact that it was
supposed to be an article with the answers in it, as I clearly labeled it
with ANSWERS, but next time, though, I'll put SPOILERS at the top.

>>ANSWERS
>>
>>        THE KICK INSIDE -  In the kite on the original British
"Japanese
>>style" cover.  On the left wing of kite image, black circle symbol with

>>white lettering.  Not on the American "Kate in a box" cover (as far as
we
>>know!)
>
>You are apparently on drugs, at least where the CD is concerned.
>
>My original EMI-Manhattan CD had the Kate-in-a-Crate cover, but had the
>"UK back" with the forest, kite, and KT symbol.
>
>My import TKI, included in my box set, has the Japanese-style cover, but
does
>_not_ include the original back cover art.  There is no KT symbol on my
UK
>CD of TKI.

        I'm not on drugs, but I did mis-read one of the messages that I
based the article on (I only have one version of most of the albums) and
so messed up.  My mistake.

>>        THE SENSUAL WORLD -
>>Look in the background on the front, on the right side--and for the
best
>>results, use the original UK vinyl-LP cover as your source. It really
>>can't be seen at all on the CD booklet, and it's not very clear even on

>>the US LP cover.
>
>Again, you're a bit off here.  The KT symbol (for which you do _not_
need
>a magnifying glass to be able to tell it's air-brushed in!) was
_exceedingly_
>visible on my Columbia CD.  It is virtually invisible on my import CD.

        That's interesting, as I can't see it very well at all on my US
CD.  I don't know whether or not IED (who wrote The Sensual World entry)
was talking about the UK or the US CD.

>Here's a question though--why is it that on my import HoL, the Ninth
Wave
>photo on the back of the CD is a miserable reproduction as compared to
>the photo on the back of the liner notes?  As I recally, both of my US
>versions had the same quality in both spots.  (for those wonder if I'm
>really _that_ weird, no, one of the CDs technically belonged to my
father)

>On the other hand, the NFE and TD covers are much better looking than on

>my original US CDs (my only complaint about the TD cover is that it's
>on thin paper and you can read the print on the other side of the paper
>through the picture).

        I've looked back through the messages in Deeper Understanding on
the boxed set, and some people said that their versions of the boxed set
included the "Fame" pressings of the disks and that apparently these were
on cheaper paper.  One person said that the KT symbol on "The Dreaming"
was _missing_, not _not_visible_, but _missing_.  Perhaps this also
explains why the symbol was invisible on your import of The Hounds of
Love (does anyone have a British HOL CD that _has_ the symbol?).

        Gosh, it's much more confusing then I thought it would be.

---
rhill@netrun.cts.com (ronald hill)
NetRunner's Paradise BBS, San Diego CA