Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Just say no to WXPN (was Re: Jane Siberry and Happy Rhodes)

From: "Craig M. Kanarick" <mailrus!gatech!media.mit.edu!kanarick@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1992 16:54:15 GMT
Subject: Just say no to WXPN (was Re: Jane Siberry and Happy Rhodes)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: USENET News System <mailrus!gatech!media.mit.edu!news@uunet.UU.NET>

In article <1992Aug13.133052.519@eplrx7.es.duPont.com> ejg@eplrx7.es.duPont.com (Ed Grozalis) writes:

>Also for all you Happy Rhodes fans - She will part of the WXPN
>concert in Philadelphia at the Mann Sept 17th. Tickets go on sale
>Sat Aug 15th and are about $25(some cheaper). I'm afraid she won't
>be playing too long as their are 5 performers on the bill(Shawn Colvin,
>10,000 maniacs, LIVE and ?(I forget)). Special seating tickets($50)
>will be available at the station (WXPN) this Sat., they're also giving
>a tour, etc... Proceeds benefit "The World Cafe" (good show they
>put on) and a local AIDS group. The Happy concert with WXPN this
>summer was tremendous :-) and I could't get over how civilized the
>crowd was. If you go, don't leave anything in your car, their is little

Wow, This sounds liKe a really fun show.

Does any of The money raised go To WXPN?  If iT does, don'T go. I Know
ThaT They play a loT of good musiK on 'XPN, buT I jusT Kan'T sTand The
ThoughT of ThaT sTaTion geTTing any of my money.  They (The WXPN
leadership) are a bunch of money-grubbing selfish creeps (sorry if
This sounds slanderous, iT probably is...)  For more deTails on why
you Too should haTe WXPN, send me email or read The lasT issue of The
Pennsylvania GazeTTe.

-- cmK

ps.  Sorry To bring This issue up in This forum, buT The more exposure
WXPN geTs, The more disgusTed I geT wiTh Them.
Craig M. Kanarick			"Do I love you?  Yes I love you.
					 All this talking...talking...
kanarick@media-lab.media.mit.edu	 is only bravado..."