Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jane Siberry and Happy Rhodes

From: ejg@eplrx7.es.duPont.com (Ed Grozalis)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1992 13:30:52 GMT
Subject: Jane Siberry and Happy Rhodes
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi,

I'd like to get some recommendations on which Jane Siberry CD to buy
for my wife. The only song we have by her is "Calling all Angels"
from the "Waiting Until the End of the World" soundtrack which my
wife thinks is great. So something of similar sound is requested.

Also for all you Happy Rhodes fans - She will part of the WXPN
concert in Philadelphia at the Mann Sept 17th. Tickets go on sale
Sat Aug 15th and are about $25(some cheaper). I'm afraid she won't
be playing too long as their are 5 performers on the bill(Shawn Colvin,
10,000 maniacs, LIVE and ?(I forget)). Special seating tickets($50)
will be available at the station (WXPN) this Sat., they're also giving
a tour, etc... Proceeds benefit "The World Cafe" (good show they
put on) and a local AIDS group. The Happy concert with WXPN this
summer was tremendous :-) and I could't get over how civilized the
crowd was. If you go, don't leave anything in your car, their is little
respect of personal property in the Philly area. They will break
into your car for anything.

						Thanks for your info,

								Ed

Disclaimer: These were only my thoughts, now their part of yours...