Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Kirsten Starcher <kirsten@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 92 20:03:44 -0230
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: kirsten@morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Kirsten Starcher)
Subject: Re: Sarah McLachlan and Sinhead O'Connor
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1992 22:33:42 GMT

In article <1992Aug13.221918.13681@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> yjc@po.cwru.edu (Jerome Chan) writes:
>Is it my imagination or does Sarah sound like Sinhead O'Connor?

Surely you jest!  I mean, I don't hate Skinhead O'Connor as much as some people
do, but to my relief Sarah sounds nothing like her.

There is one version of "Steaming" (from a CBC Radio sampler -- I don't think
it's been released in the States) where she does a lot of Sinead-like yelp
sounds at the end.  Apart from that...

My mother, on the occasions she has listened to Sarah, has commented, "She must
have been scared by Joni Mitchell as a child."  Hmph.

Kirsten Starcher		"All I want is that second of time
kirsten@morgan.ucs.mun.ca        and a few square inches inside of your mind."
							- Joyful Noise
This post brought to you by the letters f, y, v, and the number i.