Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori "review" pt. 2

From: MIHARKI@INDSVAX1.INDSTATE.EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1992 17:40 EST
Subject: Tori "review" pt. 2
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

     Yes, Chad, I do have some stuff to add about the Tori show.  Imagine
that, never would have guessed huh?  :)  There's not much I can add about
E, except that his performance was somewhat uninspired, at least compared
with Tori (I'll go into that in a little bit)  It was enjoyable to watch
and listen to.  Now on to Tori.  An incredible performance.  Having a real
piano for her music is essential, it won't work on a keyboard, so I too was
excited to see a real one onstage.  All of the "extra" things on the album
ie: the percussion, strings etc..  were not missed one bit.  She performed
every song with emotion behind it.  To me, it was like she thought she had
only one performance, so she pulled out all the stops.  This is where E
paled in comparison.  I could see in Tori that everything truly came from
within her, even the covers.  The bitching she did after stopping in _Happy
Phantom_ was great, (those of us there to see her loved it) and justly
deserved.  She said we were the worst crowd she had played for, my transla-
tion: there were more bad apples in this crowd than any of the others.  And
the guy who yelled in the middle of _Me And A Gun_ deserved his own bitch-
ing out, he didn't get one, but I wish he had.  Something else she did that
was great.  At the beginning of _Crucify_ the crowd started clapping on 2
and 4.  Which I thought was real, damn annoying.  Anyway, before going into
the refrain, she put a pause, and the expression on her face told me that
she was trying to get them to stop, which they did.  :)  Once again, her
performance was INCREDIBLE.  We did get to meet her!!!!!!! Which for me was
icing on the cake, her performance made the drive worth it, meeting her
just made it that much better.  In some ways, I'm glad that it was after
the show, instead of at Camelot.  She's a really friendly, wonderful per-
son.  I also have an autograph (duh!) which I am contemplating framing.
The whole trip is an experience that I doubt I will forget.

Chad-
     You deserve a stamp.  :)  You didn't post the address for the Tori
Amos Fan Club.  I will do it for you.

     Tori Amos Fan Club
     c/o Atlantic Records - Prod. Development
     75 Rockefeller Plaza - Third Floor
     New York, New York  10019

As he said, they have to be recieved by October 1, 1992.  Mine's going out
tomorrow!!!!!

Kevin

"...those demigods, with their nine inch nails and little fascist panties
tucked inside the heart of every nice girl..."

PS-- A big and hearty thank you to Richard and Missy for all your help!!  :)