Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori "review" pt 1

From: MIHARKI@INDSVAX1.INDSTATE.EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1992 17:38 EST
Subject: Tori "review" pt 1
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

        My friend Chad who went to the Tori show with me (the same one
        who's trying to get signed on here) posted this review on another
        list that he's on and asked me to post it here.  (My comments
        will follow)  Here goes:

        Well, Kevin and I went to the Tori Amos concert on Friday in
        Columbus, OH. The opening act was E. I'm not very familiar with him
        (I'd heard *one* of his songs before...), but he was good. He had
        two guys on stage with him (Parthenon Huxley and another guy who
        looked kinda like Warren Zevon but wasn't...) and they played for
        a relatively short amount of time. It was good and he did do the
        song I'd heard which was cool as well as expected. He also at one
        point said that they'd stopped broadcasting on the radio and
        proceeded to say "fuck" which was great and would've been even
        better if they *hadn't* stopped broadcasting (anyone know if they
        did/didn't????). Tori Amos came out to the applause of everyone
        wearing what looked like a swimsuit (does anyone else agree that
        went????) and jeans. She had a real piano (Yeah!!!!) and this is
        the play list:

        Little Earthquakes
        Crucify
        Silent All These Years
        Precious Things
        Happy Phantom
        Leather
        Whole Lotta Love
        Me and a Gun
        Winter
        ------
        Smells Like Teen Spirit
        Mother
        ------
        Tear in Your Hand
        Angie

        After Crucify / before Silent All These Years, she told us that she
        hated her grandmother and that in her home town, they wouldn't play
        Silent All These Years because it was "shit" (Can you believe Tori
        actually said that???? :). She had to interrupt Happy Phantom
        because there was *way* too much noise, including knocking down
        beer bottles and "woo"-ing at inappropriate times. During Me and a
        Gun, I heard two beer bottles being knocked over and Kevin heard
        three... In other words, Tori was great, but parts of the audience
        sucked hard and Tori was NOT happy with it, neither was I or anyone
        I else I know that was there... Anyway, like I said Tori was
        excellent and I'm glad I finally got to see her live... Oh yeah,
        almost forgot the best part... We got to meet her!!!! Yeah!!!! :).
        We went to Camelot before the show and were five people back when
        they cut the line... *sniff*, but we stayed after the show and met
        her then!!!! Yeah again!!!! :). I got her autograph on the cover of
        the Little Earthquakes disc and I'm so happy... Can't you tell????
        :).  Well, I think that's it. Kevin, if you have anything to add...
        :).

        BTW, there were flyers there that have information on the official
        Tori Amos Fan Club.  If you send them in (I assume that handwritten
        ones are accepted...) before Oct. 1, 1992, you are entered into a
        drawing in which you can win a complete Tori Amos catalog
        (including imports!!!!) and a framed autographed poster.  The info
        it asks for follows:

        Name
        Birthdate
        Address
        City, State, Zip
        Phone
        Do You Own Tori Music? (Little Earthquakes, Crucify EP, Other)
        How Did You Hear About Tori? (Radio (which station?), Press (which
             publication?),MTV/VH-1, Friend, Other)
        What Is Your Favorite Tori Song?
        What Radio Station Do You Listen To?
        Who Are Your Favorite Artists?
        Where Do You Buy Your Records?

        Send in yours now!!!! :) I am...

        Whatever
        Chad Walker
        aka
        Lobo
        FLWALKR@INDSVAX1.INDSTATE.EDU

        "So you can make me cum that doesn't make you Jesus..."