Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate spotting (Utah Saints)

From: jessica@maurolycus.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: 5 Aug 92 06:33:44 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate spotting (Utah Saints)
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi) writes:

>In article <m0mEw9T-0006yYC@chinet.chi.il.us> Chris writes:
>>   Dave "My God, I really _am_ a twit" Kendall of "120 (practially
>>unbearable) Minutes" just played the video by _Utah Saints_ called
>>"Something Good" (a misnomer if I I ever heard one.)
>[. . .]
>>as the basis for an excerable excuse for a song.

>I haven't heard it yet, myself.  But at the San Jose Katemas, there
>were several who had, and I got the impresssion that they thought it
>was pretty neat.

>Ed
>ed@wente.llnl.gov

I hadn't had a chance to pay much attention to the talk about this
song, and the *last* thing i expected to do was hear it without going
far out of my way to do so.. But there we were, drivingn along with
the radio on some bizarre station with the volume pretty low, when
something went "utah saints! utah saints!" and Greg shreiked "utah
saints! utah saints!" just like the song and turned up the volume.  My
mind was *quite* confused for a second (what i heard didn't sound
*particularly* like something either of us would normally like) but
then the "i just know that something good is gonna happen" kicked in
and I must admit, it was really exciting :)

I'd say our reaction was: "ha! well, it's kinda neat how they used the
kate bit. too bad about the song overall though". It's not something
i'd put on often, it's not at all the kind of music i generally choose
to listen to. But it's still great that it has kate-stuff in it, and i
really like the way they used the sample, the "oooh--ahhh" bits came
out great. darnit, i missed the video.

speaking of videos, i believe i got a tiny bit of shawn colvin live on
video tonight. I heard it, through the telephone. It sounded *very*
good. darnit, i wish i'd gone to see her last month. :(

		     jessica

--
|| jessica  || It is this that || Don't try to tell me there's no reason for ||
|| lawrence ||    brings us    || any moment in time, every memory of mine.  ||