Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT Rhodes

From: <MJM@ZYLAB.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 28 Jul 92 15:14:19 EDT
Subject: KT Rhodes
To: <ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu>, <Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

Any further discussion about this really should be
moved to ecto, but I could not resist clarifying this point...

Robert G. Cole writes:

> I think you're giving out old ordering info.  In newsletter #3, it was
> listed as $0.50 for each additonal CD.  Plus you didn't mention the
> great T-shirt (also $13.99).  It's XL, so one size fits all.

Yes, Rob, you are correct.  This is the new price scheme.

> Vickie writes:
> >ps, if you're curious, she was born Kimberly Tyler Rhodes. Her brother
> >started calling her "happy baby" because he couldn't pronounce
Kimberly.
> >It became her permanent nickname.
>
> I must be slipping in my old age.  I could have sworn that I read that
> Happy really was her name.

Here is a quote from a recent Echoes (NPR show) interview.
The entire interview can be found in the ecto archives, or mail me
for a copy:

     "She got the name Happy from her brother who couldn't
      pronounce Kimberly when she was a baby."

> An unusual name to be sure, but the
> coincidence factor involved in her brother "picking" a nickname that
> when combined with her lastname creates something of a pun is even more
> unusual.  That and the fact that she could be called KT Rhodes.  :)

Perhaps this is the origin of woj's "KT Rhodes band"?!
-mjm
mjm@zylab.mhs.         /\/\  / /\/\   "No pinky ring hustlers,
     compuserve.com   / / /_/ / / /    No sabre-tooth neighbours"