Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: latest Clannad album finally out

From: Dirk Kastens <DKASTENS%DOSUNI1.BITNET@vm.gmd.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 92 14:02:28 MEZ
Subject: Re: latest Clannad album finally out

Hi,

John wrote:
> Clannad's _Anam_ was finally released here on Tuesday.  It includes
> (unnecessarily, imho) "Harry's Game" -- "from the motion picture _Patriot
> Games_" -- and the Bono duet from _Macalla_, "In a Lifetime".  I can only
> figure the beancounters in charge made the decision to include them, since
> these are readily available on previous albums.  Were these songs on the
> UK/European versions?
Anam has been released in Germany in 1990(!). It doesn't include the
extra tracks. The first song Ri Na Cruinne is dedicated to the
One World One Voice project and appeared on that album before.
Maybe Anam is the final Clannad album, because the singer, Maire
Brennan, released a solo album a couple of weeks ago (simply called
'Maire', and a typical Clannad album - much better than Anam, imho).

Dirk