Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A few thoughts to the KaTemas season

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: 18-JUL-1992 23:19:38.76
Subject: A few thoughts to the KaTemas season

Hi!

Ah, KaTemastide- the time of year when Love-Hounds across the
entire sensual world come together to celebrate peace, love, and Kate, trade
rarities, talk to other parties, and generally have
a great time.  Wonderful... simply wonderful. :)

Last year I spent my KaTemas away from home across the ocean in
Germany.  I couldn't really celebrate because I was both packing
to move back to the States and studying for a silly final exam
at the time, but I did listen to all the albums in chronological
order while I was doing so.  And a friend in the same boat who
lived downstairs, and with whom I had hoped to commemorate the
occasion in some way, left the following note on my door, which I
share with you because I thought it hysterically funny and it is,
after all, in the spirit of the season:

Hey Meredith --

			MERRY KATEMAS

I just stopped by to see when + where tonight's festivities were
taking place.  So if you feel like it, walk straight down the
middle of the burning bridge in the morning fog over the reedy
river (doing the ran tan waltz if you please), then you'll be
running up that hill under the ivy, at the top of which you'll
blow away on a rocket's tail, passing through air in the big sky,
to where I'm still waiting in the warm room (it's really f*cking
hot in here), suspended in gaffa.  WOW.  (Unbelievable.)

					Another Love-Hound for Kate

And I hate to say it, but that was my fault- I got this woman
heavily into KaTe- I KreaTed a monster!  :)

P.S.  Stephen in Wollongong, just what do you mean by "a video from the 1990
KT convention"????
|			Meredith A. Tarr                        |
|	"I spent four years prostrate to the higher mind        |
|	 Got my paper, and I was free"    - Indigo Girls        |
|		    mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu                    |