Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTemas

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1992 11:54:47 -0700
Subject: KaTemas

this is a reminder about the

	1992 Northeast North American KaTemas Party

to be held in cambridge (next to boston), massachusetts, u.s. of a. on
the weekend of August 1, as part of the international celebration of
Kate Bush's birthday (July 30, 1958)  (see the end of this post for
full details)

your hosts will be greg (who will refuse once again to reveal
the source of the magic word "footah!" ;) and jessica, the Ecto
goddess herself!

last year, parties were held across the u.s.a., the uk, finland,
australia, etc...  i hosted the Boston-area party, and had guests from
new jersey, new york, canada, etc.  this year, i have already had
RSVPs from people in from canada to georgia, and from new jersey to
california -- so don't let the distance deter you!  ;)

i am crossposting this message to many music lists because we are
really celebrating the whole range of alternative music, particularly
that produced by women.  feel free to invite your friends -- everyone
and anyone who can cope with hours of good, interesting music,
unabashed fandom, and amazing people is welcome!

planned activities include:

* live music (featuring your hosts (jessica on vox!) and a cast of
  thousands..  well, maybe 4 or 5, anyway ;)
* official videos from KaTe, Sinead, Tori, Enya, the Sugarcubes, etc.
  etc. etc.
* non-official vidoes ;) from KaTe and others...
* musical rarities (including some real treasures!)
* photos, posters, magazines, buttons, and generally rare and nifty
  stuff from KaTe, Happy Rhodes, et al...
* lots of CDs (LOTS of CDs ;) by alternative female musicians (and
  extra CD players/cassette decks with headphones... :)
* huge quantities of homemade pizza (if you were there last year, fear
  not!  i'll make it all in advance this time :)
* amazing anecdotes and stunning stories of fame and fandom!!
* lots of way cool people you've never met in person before (and this
  was by far the best part of last years party :)
* contests and prizes!!!
* phone calls and net access to the other parties spread across the
  world...

special guests include |>oug Alan, founder of LoveHounds/r.m.gaffa,
and Ron Hill (all the way from CA!) -- renowned for his expertise in
things KaTely, and for his stamina in typing in interviews ;)

limited lodging is available (and i am sure we can find more
volunteers to put people up) -- the party is officially saturday. but
friday night we'll be having a blast setting up, and sunday we will
go sightseeing in cambridge and boston (and stop by some of the best
CD and bookstores in the northeast!!)

side trips include possibly seeing the local/soon-to-be-national-
and-truly-great group Tribe on wednesday the 29th, and taking a day
trip to Maine to visit the site of Organon, as commemorated in KaTe's
song "Cloudbusting".

last years party literally changed my life, and this one should be
far better!!!!

details:

	>>> KaTemas <<<
	saturday, august 1, 1992
	12noon - 12midnight

	the celebration will begin with setting up friday night and go
	through sunday; please let me know if you plan on arriving and
	helping friday, so i know how many people to expect :)

	the Lowell House Master's Residence
	50 Holyoke St.
	cambridge, massachusetts

	right in Harvard Square for you local types.  near boston,
	for you distant type ;)  the party will be in a 32 room
	mansion in one of the major tourist and alternative lifestyle
	centers of the boston...  it also happens to be my parent's
	house, so some dignity is requested... but not much ;)
	the house is accessible by public transportation, including
	from the Amtrack and bus stations.  rides will be available
	with advance notice.

	full driving/transportation directions will be coming soon, or
	contact me for particular details!

RSVPs, requests for lodging, questions, or just friendly messages to:

	greg bossert
	(617) 547-1780 (leave a message!)
	footah@world.std.com OR gb10@gte.com

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot