Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Vickie Where You Been?

From: cynthia@bsbbs.columbus.oh.us (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1992 22:06:40 -0700
Subject: Re: Vickie Where You Been?

Vickie Mapes sed--

   > Isn't that amazing? Both of us, after being away from the net for a long
   > time, show up again on the same day. People really *are* going to think
   > we're the same person! Alas, not true...I haven't been to Mexico since
   > I was 6 years old and Chris and I haven't yet had "benefit of clergy"
   > or whatever. Congratulations Cynthia!

Hi!  Where the heck you been girl??  And Thank you!!  Werner & I didn't
really have "benefit of clergy" tho.  We had "benefit of civil clerk" at
the local county courthouse.  Some friends came to be there and take
pictures, it was real nice, and very simple.  Then we all went to a
favorite local pizza place for beer & pizza.  Then Werner took me to a
sleazy area motel that rents by the hour. We rented a room with a Jacuzzi
(heart shaped tub even!).  We'd been there before, but this was the first
time we'd gone for the jacuzzi.  ANyways, the place has mirrors all over
the walls & ceiling, a king size waterbed, and a porno video channel on
the tv if you like.  Lotsa fun, we stayed 3 hours then went home to the
cats.

Mexico was great, Cancun was lovely.  Though i must say it's not the
excellent bargain it was 5 years ago (I was lucky enough to visit there
once before).  5 years ago, the food prices were unbelievably cheap, for
an AMerican's standards anyways, even in the finest restaurants.  This
time I felt the prices were about the same as here in Orlando, as far as
eating.  There are great bargains to be found on the beautiful handmade
potteries and blankets & other things made there.  It's a beautiful place
to be for swimming and snorkeling, and close enough for excellent trips
to some impressive Mayan ruins (Chichen Itza, for example).  Werner & I
did a 6 night thing, and paid 430 bucks apiece for airfare and hotel and
transfers to & from the airports.  We spent about 700 dollars (American
dollars) while there.  SO the whole thing cost 1560.00.  I'm telling
ya'll this in case anyone might be interested in taking a trip there.
There's somewhat cheaper ways to go.  We insisted on oceanfront rooms,
but you can stay in hotels on the lagoon side, across the street from the
real beach, and walk over to any beach you like.  The rate become
substantially cheaper, and hotels do not "own" private beaches like here.
They are all public, so anyone can go to any beach they like.

Some people stay downtown, and the rates really get cheap.  The hotels
are nice, but you have to get to the beach zone by bus (cheap, and
there's always one coming by) or taxi (pretty cheap).  The trip takes 10
to 15 minutes by bus, and about 2 minutes by taxi!  THey drive WILD, but
we never saw any accidents.  I guess they all are used to each other's
driving.

Geez, didn't mean to turn this into a travelogue.

ANyways, I didn't realize we'd been away from gaffa for approximately
the same time.  Funny, huh?    Ok, hope this finds you well.

Later,

Cynthia

----
Cynthia Rosas
cynthia@bsbbs.Columbus.OH.US
{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)

"I can bitch, I can bitch, cause I'm better than you!"