Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

more Cloudbusting formats

From: larryy@Apple.COM (Larry Yaeger)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1992 19:25:52 -0700
Subject: more Cloudbusting formats
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I've just finished ftp-ing MacWrite II, PostScript, and Word 4.0 versions of
Ron's wonderful _Cloudbusting_ to the /incoming area of wiretap.Spies.com.

Presumably someone managing that site or seeing this message will move them
to the appropriate area in /pub, and post the new location.

Maybe this is normal, but it seems very weird to me that if you ftp to that
site, and cd to incoming, you can *not* see any subdirectories.  However, if
you know it's there, and cd to the next lower subdirectory, you *can* see
the rest of the hierarchy.  Sheesh.

Anywho, if the files don't get moved in a timely fashion to the /pub area,
or you just can't wait, the full pathnames are:

/incoming/Cloudbusting/macwrite2/*
/incoming/Cloudbusting/postscript/*
and
/incoming/Cloudbusting/word4/*

for the corresponding sets of files.  Capitalization counts.

In addition, there is a plain text version of Ron's "clouddoc" file as

/incoming/Cloudbusting/clouddoc.txt

All of the MacWrite II and Word 4.0 files have been BinHex-ed.  So you can
transfer them in ascii mode to your local unix machine and to your Mac.  You
will then have to run BinHex on them to produce the files readable by the
corresponding word processor.

The PostScript files may require binary transfer mode (not sure).  You should
be able to print them (lpr -Pyourprinter filename) to any PostScript printer
directly from Unix if your net is set up that way.  You can also bring them
to a Mac (or presumably a PC) and use the "LaserWriter Utility" program
supplied with system upgrades (but not automatically installed - you have to
look through the floppies!) for the Mac (don't know how you handle PostScript
files on PC's) to download them to your printer directly.

As someone else posted recently, Ron's original Word Perfect files don't seem
to be on the server anymore.  I'm pretty sure I saw them there once before
when I was poking around.  Don't know what happened.  Any ideas, Herr Wisner?
--
-larryy@apple.com

"Shi Nou Kou Sho Inu Neko Programmer"  -  Takada Naoki