Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Reworking the clouds

From: <@EDDIE.MIT.EDU:news@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1992 05:46:00 -0700
Subject: Reworking the clouds
To: rec-music-gaffa@nluug.nl
Illegal-Object: Syntax error in From: address found on wiretap.Spies.COM:From: FJ!!<fjvwing@cs.vu.nl> ^^-illegal word in localpart, missing end of mailbox \-expected word
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.vu.nl
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

I just saw a very interesting thing on one of the staellite channels
over here. It was a music video by a band called 'the Utah Saints' with
a song called "Something Good.' The main hook was a sample from the
Godess' 'Cloudbusting' "I just know that something good is going to
happen" and it was layered with all kinds of bass and guitars and a
funky rythm. It was wierd to watch, especially since, mixed through
footage of the band playing in some club, they had some video-samples
from 'Cloudbusting:' the rain-machine, Kate as a nine-year-old boy,
etc.

This means, according to me, that Kate must have aproved it, she owns
the copyrights to the original video, doesn't she?

Kate meets Funk. Wierd.

By the way, can anybody tell me who is listed as the director for
'Wuthering Heights,' the video with the white dress and the
cartwheels?

					FJ!!