Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT's import (to US) CDs for sale

From: dlangs%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1992 13:05:46 -0700
Subject: KT's import (to US) CDs for sale
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Hello,

It's been a long time since I have posted anything.
Lurking around the last few months indicates to me we are in need of the new
album to get things revved up a bit.

After more than two years of owning both the TWW boxed set and all KaTe's
album CDs on import I have decided to sell the 'spare' CDs in order
to continue nourishment of my CD addiction.

I thought I'd offer them here first before going to rec.music.marketplace.

I hope no-one is offended.

Details:

The Kick Inside:
pressed by EMI in the UK, has original UK cover & full lyrics.

Lionheart :
EMI UK pressing, full lyrics and photos from original gatefold album cover.

Never for Ever:
pressed what was W. Germany, full lyrics plus most of gatefold album artwork.

The Dreaming:
pressed by Nimbus UK (exceptionally clear), full lyrics plus close up of key
in KaTe's mouth.

Hounds of Love:
pressed by EMI-Toshiba in Japan, full lyrics.

The Sensual World:
pressed by EMI UK, full lyrics.

I think it is agreed that the sound quality of the imports is better then the
US domestics, especially on TSW, and especially compared to EMI America's
original CD releases.  I also find the packaging that much more classier
and elegant.

The bottom line:

I am asking $13 for each disc.  Add $2 p&p for the first disc and 75c for
each additional CD. If you want all 6 I'll let you have them for $70 +$5 p&p.

Contribution to discussion:

Apologies if this has been noticed before but anyone else notice that Tori Amos
poses in a wooden box on her album cover not unlike another album cover we all
know.  Copycat?  Flattery?  Coincidence?  Anyone know or like to hazard a guess?

Must go,

Derek Langsford
dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu