Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@florida.caedm.byu.edu (Usenet)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1992 22:37:52 -0700
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 92 23:37:51 MDT
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Clannad
From: mtt@alaska.caedm.byu.edu (W. Stirling)

In article <68775@apple.Apple.COM> GTP10@phx.cam.ac.uk writes:

>> Dunno if it's "Canon" Gaffa, but has anyone heard Maire Brennan's new
>> solo album (Maire)?  What do you think of it?
>
>As implied above, I have it. It is very much what you'd expect - somewhere
>between Enya and Clannad. A couple of the tracks have a strong African
>influence which works surprisingly well. One review I saw compared the
>effect of listening to it to having a small Korean masseuse run up and
>down your spine... I can't endorse this comparison from first hand
>experience but I'd certainly agree with its sentiments!

I _really_ like it, especially the one about Tir'na Nog (or however
you spell it...)

> >I have this one (actually entitled "Anam") - indeed I have absolutely
>everything Clannad have done. It is still widely available in the UK.
>Drop me some email if you'd like some help obtaining it.

Neat!  Could you do me a favor and post / email me a list of Clanand's
albums before _Magical Ring_ and the years they came out?  I've only
been able to find two (_Crann Ul_ (excellent!) and _Fuaim_ (wish
Enya'd done more)).  I know there are more, but the semi-discographies
I've been able to collect conflict on album names and years.

Thanks!

--
mtt@alaska.caedm.byu.edu

"And tomorrow never comes..." - The Durutti Column