Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The lang and winding rhode

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1992 06:11:48 -0700
Subject: The lang and winding rhode
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi -

With all this recent mention of k.d. lang recently (the ONLY c&w worth
listening to, IMNSHO), I'm surprised no one has posted (or even mentioned)
a GREAT interview in this week's Advocate.  Look for k.d. on the cover.
While normally I dislike most interviews with (for lack of a better word)
pop singers (including Kate) (ESPECIALLY kate - see below), this one is
a real fun read.

ObKate:  Kate is the world's greatest lyricist and songwriter.  Kate is
the world's greatest musician.  Kate is the world's greatest singer.
Kate COULD BE the world's greatest record producer and video director,
but chooses not to be for some odd reason.

Then why - WHY!?!?! does she sound like such a - well, airhead, in 90%
of the interviews she gives?

- Stev0

"Rock Journalism is people who can't talk being interviewed by people
who can't write for people who can't read" - Frank Zappa

--
Steve Berlin   | Disclaimer:  Kibo told me to post this. ***************
stev0@sti.com  | Warning: these stars are deliberate Warlord bait. *****