Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1992-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More Utah Saints....

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1992 04:08:20 -0700
Subject: More Utah Saints....
To: w@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: nnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

>From the showbiz page of our local newspaper:

"We hadn't a clue how Kate would react when we sent her a tape of the
track", says singer Jezz Willis."Especially since we'd nicked the
strings and drums of Cloudbusting as well as the vocals. We didn't
want people to think we were taking the piss. We wanted it to sound
cool rather than quirky. Kate even agreed to sell us a 30-second clip
of the Cloudbusting video. The only trouble was that we had to edit
Donald Sutherland out. If we'd kept him in, it would have cost us an
arm and a leg."

Oh, and they're not from Utah, and they're not saints. Hence the name 8^)

They're British, and used to be called "Massive Dance Music Alert"....

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science, / "What the world doesn't need is
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd,    / more 'casual Kate Bush fans'. What